Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 11 - Aerobic Training


Today my 22 minutes on the treadmill brought 1.32 miles. I have not reached the speed level or duration at a higher speed that I would like to. The faster I can get my speed and maintain it longer the distance will increase as well. That might be a good measuring tool. I do enjoy walking and want to work up to being able to jog for a continued amount of time. That will benefit me when I go hashing with the kids. They will not have to lag behind to stay with me. I hope to be able some day to run most of the trail with them. I have a lot of goals, but just not achieving them as fast as I would like to. I know that I am only a week and a half into my training, but I am a very impatient person. I want to see measurable increases right away! I do not plan on giving up on this program. I hope to make it a way of life always. I know I already feel better with more energy, I have to assume it only gets better from here. I am actually almost looking forward to my next workout.
My nutrition today was not too good. I had fried chicken for lunch. I was so full from that I did not even think about my afternoon snack, so I did not eat again until dinner and still not much. Not the way to keep your metabolism on a steady level. I'll do better tomorrow.

Nutrition: 6
Exercise: 8

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I am glad you are doing good Mom. It has been a bit hard for me to get out and exercise the past week or so. I am going to run tonight for the first time in a week. I have felt a lul in energy over the last week that I attribute to a B12 deficiency, so you should probably look into getting some of that or getting a workout multivitamin. I feel better today after taking b12 for a few days and I hope I can get back on track with my diet. Thanks for the encouragement and you are doing great.