Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 1 - The Beginning



I had actually planned on beginning my 12-week journey on the Body-for-Life plan earlier, but the flu set me back over a week. Now here I am actually getting started on something that I have always known is a good thing, but there is a lot of difference between knowing and actually doing. Without all the encouragement from a great son, I would probably still be procrastinating. Kevin helped me set up my exercise routine which you can view by clicking on the picture on the right. He also set up this blog for me so he and Trish (and my brothers, sisters, and friends) can check up on me and make sure I stick with the program. There is also a link to Kevin's blog on this page and I am sure that Trish will be joining in the quest very soon.

My first day actually went quite well except for the fact that I was not sure if I was doing all the free weight exercises correctly. I followed my plan the best I could and actually had a fairly tough workout. I was a little confused about the concept of working out all the different muscle groups, but I would have to give me an A for effort. I can certainly tell today that I found some muscles that haven't been used in quite a while. I felt good after I finished with my workout although getting up at 5:30 am is pretty tough. The Rec Center does not open until 6:00 am, so I have to be there right when it opens to do my 45 minute workout, then home to get ready and make it to work on time.

I did fairly well on the nutrition side of the plan as well. I did do the 6 meals during the day, but don't think I drank enough water. The Myoplex Lite shakes and nutrition bars are delicious. I will have to be careful not to eat too many bars because they taste like a candy bar which is great because I do love sweets. That will be the hardest thing for me is not eating all the candy, cakes, and other sweets I love. But, I just have to stay focused on my goal to be the most fit 50----(something) year old mom that I can be so I can enjoy going to hashes and other activities with the kids. Please check back often to see how I am doing and post a comment for me.

Today's Nutrition Effort: 7
Exercise Effort: 6

Starting Levels:
Weight: 167
Body Fat: 42.9%
Dress/Pant Size: 12 (snug)

1 comment:

KevinIsEvil said...

I am very proud of you Mom. I will do my best to stick with my program and motivate you to stick with yours. Don't worry about not knowing how to do stuff at first, you will catch on. And don't let anyone bother you at the gym. You are doing this for you and no one else. Only you will be able to really keep yourself going. It is hard, but I think the results speak for themselves. I can't wait to come over on Saturday and we can check our progress! BTW, I recommend not wieghing yourself every day. Just wait til the end of the week each week and we can both find out at the same time. That way it can be a pleasant surprise. :-)

Love you,
Kevin