Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 5 - Upper Body


When the alarm went off this morning at 5:30am, I really did not feel like getting up. I came very close to rolling over and going back to sleep. But then I did not want to disappoint my son. So I managed to get up and head for the rec center. I had planned my workout last night, but forgot it at home this morning. I decided to just check out what machines were at the center for upper body. I knew basically that I should do 5-6 sets of reps, decreasing the number of reps and increasing the weight each time. I found machines that had the muscle group on them that the machine worked. I was not sure what weight to start but went up in weight for each set of reps. This took more time between reps than 1 minute and even though I increased the weight, I did not feel like I got a real good workout. I will go back to the dumbbell weight lifting that I had originally set up. The machines do not seem to be as good for me to get a good workout. I think I need to go to the center sometime when I am not on my scheduled workout to determine what a workout routine would be on the machines. I am sure there is a good way to use them, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Nutrition: 7

Exercise: 6

No comments: